Winter walksFrom the Hotel Engel you can enter the wonderful winter world of the Dolomites, or visit the ski areas, or walk up to a mountain hut and toboggan back down. Talk a walk round Lake Karer, follow the Schiller trail or the Elisabeth promenade: there are 30 kilometres of winter walks in the Eggen Valley - and 32 ski huts offering rest and refreshments, South Tyrolean style!
Snowshoe excursionsThe gentle winter sport: on with your snowshoes and off over the snow! Deep into the forests, far across the meadows: snowshoeing is an adventure that lets you see a unique side of winter, authentic and untouched. Whether alone or on a guided tour, winter holidaymakers should try out a trip on snowshoes!
Ski touringFar away from the slopes, explore the mountains on skis. Whether guided or on your own, ascent to the summits or mountain huts then glide back down on powder snow. But be careful: a trip into the wild winter mountains absolutely requires a knowledge of the current local weather and snow conditions! Ski touring gear can be hired locally.
- 3 guided ski tours weekly with Jimmy
- 3 guided snowshoe excursions weekly with Ignaz
- 3 guided winter walks weekly
- free loan of snowshoes, poles, crampons and rucksacks from hotel
- 30 km of cleared winter hiking trails around Welschnofen
- cable car to Carezza ski area just 400 metres from the hotel
- free transfer to Welschnofen cable car and Obereggen skiing area